I am a psychotherapist and movement therapist, who specialises in supporting parents and babies. My approach to health is holistic, I believe that mind and body are linked. They influence our ability to be fully present. Unconsciously we carry past experiences in our psyche and soma, which effect how we communicate with others. In my work I listen not just to the spoken word, but also to non-verbal expressions and together with you think about what they may mean.
I have 30 years clinical experience and now see clients in my South Bucks practice. For 15 years I was part of the team at the Oxford Parent Infant Project, where I supported parents and babies, facilitated mother-baby groups for Baby Massage and for Baby Watching. I have worked in psychiatric hospitals in Austria, Israel and the UK, and with women suffering from domestic violence in Haifa. I also taught dance movement therapy at the University of Hertfordshire, and facilitated holistic birth preparation classes and workshops.
I provide training and consultation to early years professionals in Video Interaction Guidance, Watch Wait Wonder, and Facilitating Parent Infant Groups. I also work with families on the edge of care offering VIG interventions and expert witness services.
National Video Interaction Guidance Trainer and Supervisor AVIGUK, UKCP Registered Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, Senior Registered Dance Movement Psychotherapist, NCT trained Antenatal Educator, Baby Massage Instructor, Iyengar Yoga Teacher, MA, BA
I have completed:
- Supervisor of Video Interaction Guidance Training, AVIG UK
- Video interaction Guidance Training UK
- Supervisors’ Training by the British Association of Psychotherapy, BAP
- MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at the University of Hertfordshire and the Guild of Psychotherapists London
- Certificate in Baby Massage Peter Walker Approach
- Postgraduate Diploma in Antenatal Education at the University of Luton and the National Childbirth Trust
- Pregnancy Module by the British Wheel of Yoga
- Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dance and Movement Psychotherapy at the University of Haifa
- BA in Psychology and History at the University of Haifa